Wednesday 20 April 2011

Rant

OK, it's late so I won't type much, but someone's status on FB just really irrritated me and until I feel I've had some kind of riposte then I'm not going to be able to sleep. It was a really snotty comment about how time is precious and passes so quickly and why do people feel the need to do minute by minute updates on FB.

OK, now I am fairly sure this was aimed at me, because let's face it - I do update fairly regularly, but I see it as a kind of full stop or comma in a busy day. Taking a moment to just share a thought with all my friends - because I can. If it wasn't available then it wouldn't be a big deal, but since it is I actually enjoy it and try to make my updates fun and light hearted, if not actually funny.

It is especially annoying since I would consider my own life as considerably richer and fuller than this sniping passive aggressive idiot. I have now moved them onto restricted profile so I am still technically 'friends' with them, but they can't see any of my stuff - no photos, statuses nothing. Usually I keep that for under 18s who want to be my buddy,  and in-laws, but it is just the thing for this situation. Maybe when things have cooled off even more I'll just delete them completely, but seriously? Why go on FB to whinge about people posting things on FB? It's Stooopid with a capital S.

2 comments:

  1. The internet: giving idiots a voice since 1983

    ReplyDelete
  2. If time were so precious to them they wouldn't have had 'time' to read it or even make a comment! Hypocryte I reckon! :D

    ReplyDelete